Uber car services have become very famous in the past few years. It has become an essential part of our daily commute and is available in most cities across the world. In addition to providing excellent service to its customers at affordable rates, it also employs a vast number of people.
Even as a part-time job, it has become pretty famous among students who can earn some money to pay for their college or other expenses. But not everyone has a car to use for uber, especially for them uber has introduced uber car hire.
What are the conditions to become an uber driver?
There are specific criteria you need to meet to become an official car driver for Uber. These conditions include:
- You must be at least 21 years of age to join uber.
- A driving experience of one year is mandatory. And for those under 23, it is three years.
- You have a valid driver license and vehicle insurance that must meet their requirements.
- You must have a car that meets their needs.
- You must pass their background checks.
- Every requirement to become a driver of the state must be met.
What if you don’t have a car?
It is a common problem many people face and one of the main reasons that they can’t become a uber driver. But, taking steps in the right direction, uber has introduced uber car hire that helps new people to join their services without needing to have their car. In this scheme, they have the following options:
- They have partnered with many car companies to provide good discounts to their workers for getting a car. They have also introduced many low-interest options for those who want to get a vehicle on EMI.
- Uber has also introduced car leases in which the driver needs to pay a safety deposit and pay the remaining amount in weekly deposits for the course of the next three years.
- They have also introduced the fleet option where you can use a licensed car owned by someone else.
Is driving an uber worth it?
It depends entirely on the driver if the time and effort they are investing in the work are worth the money they are earning. For college going students being a part-time uber driver makes sense if that helps them with their pocket money and doesn’t affect their studies.
Read more>: 5 Best See-Through Engine Models
If you are looking to make some pocket money by being a part-time driver or make it your job by being a full-time uber driver, the choice is up to you. But, if you don’t have a car but meet the requirements of becoming an uber driver, then uber car rental options have got you covered.